This week Mrs Edwards has been demonstrating Donut Muffins during her online lessons, here’s the recipe if you want to have a go at making them at home.
140g caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100ml natural yogurt
2 large eggs , beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
140g butter , melted, plus extra for greasing
12 tsp seedless raspberry jam
For the topping
100g caster sugar,
2 tsp cinnamon,
50 g butter, melted.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (fan)/400°F/gas mark 6 and line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases.
- To make the muffins, sift the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Place the vanilla extract, eggs, yogurt and melted butter into a measuring jug and whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the dry mix, slowly pour the wet mix into the dry whisking to combine.
- Spoon a tablespoon of muffin mix into each case, top with a teaspoon of raspberry jam and finish with a spoonful of muffin mix to cover.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. To check the muffins are cooked, insert a skewer into the centre, it should come out clean when cooked.
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- To make the topping, mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Remove the paper cases from each muffin and discard.
- Brush each muffin with melted butter and toss in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
For a tasty twist on this recipe swap the raspberry jam for lemon curd and swap the cinnamon in the topping for ground cardamon.