Our dedicated staff are the backbone of our school. If you would like to join us in fulfilling our mission to provide high quality education for our local community you may wish to apply for the following vacancies.
CO-ORDINATOR OF ACADEMIC LEARNING
Part time (0.6)
Eaglewood school is committed to its aim of Raising Students Aspirations and Changing the lives of some of the most vulnerable students in our community. We understand that in order to do this, students need to find the balance between their academic studies and their emotional and social development. Only then can they reach and surpass their potential and be able to take their next steps with confidence.
Due to the importance of maintaining this balance we are looking for an exceptional individual to lead our Academic learning strand. This highly motivated team player must be passionate about making a difference to the life chances of young people, whatever their backgrounds or abilities. They need to be kind and supportive of staff, students and parents alike.
They must also have the following qualifications and attributes:
- Qualified teacher status
- Be a qualified SENCO with a proven track record of maintaining a strategic overview of provision for students with SEN or a disability across the school, monitoring and reviewing the quality of provision across both primary and secondary sectors.
- Additional qualifications to include an Assessment Practicing Certificate (APC) and post graduate qualification in Specific Learning difficulties (SpLD)
- Be fully conversant with and be well placed to meet the requirements of the SEN Code of Practice and ensure that these principles are reflected in the school development plan.
- Provide guidance collaboratively with colleagues on teaching students with SEN or a disability, and advise on the graduated approach to SEN support in the classroom.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of national and local initiatives which may affect the school’s policy and practice.
- To effectively communicate with parents and other professional services on the needs and progress of all students.
- To fully understand, manage and apply for Education Health Care Plans across a range of local authorities.
- To assess and manage the exam access arrangement process for SATS, GCSE and other qualifications.
- Promote an ethos and culture that supports the school’s SEND policy and promotes good outcomes for students with SEN or a disability.
Salary Band, main salary scale plus SEN 2 allowance.
Application form and job description can be downloaded below or alternatively can be obtained from Mrs S Gray, PA to the Head Teacher; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date – Friday 17th April 2020 4pm
Interviews: week beginning Monday 20th April 2020
The Eaglewood School follows best practice in recruiting staff in relation to safeguarding and is an equal opportunities employer.